[Difx-users] WARNING Could not open monitoring socket

Adam Deller deller at astron.nl
Fri Apr 22 03:28:53 EDT 2016

What network interfaces do you have on these machines?  When running only
on one machine, it is probably using loopback and not the network interface
at all, and then maybe when you try with two machines it discovers it can't
use the external network interface.  What does ifconfig say?

Cheers,
Adam

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 3:02 AM, Stuart Weston <nzobservers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have two servers, they both have 2 x CPU ( 6 cores, hyperthreaded). So
> potentially I have 24 cores and 48 threads.
>

> mpirun starts mpifxcorr on both servers, but we get the “WARNING Could not
> open monitoring socket ! Aborting message receive thread” on the master ?
> The processes seem to sit there and do nothing, nothing more in errmon2.
>

> If I change the machines file I can run the same correlation on each
> server individually to completion, so DiFX has to be good.
>

> ww-flexbuf-01:/raid0/etransfer/hw04# cat machines
>
> ww-flexbuf-01
>
> wark167
>
> ww-flexbuf-01:/raid0/etransfer/hw04# cat threads
>
> NUMBER OF CORES:    6
>
> 2
>
> 2
>
> 2
>
> 2
>
> 2
>
> 2
>

> Note our network we have been asked to use a different multicast address,
> so in DIFXHOME/setup.bash I have set:
>

> DIFX_MESSAGE_GROUP=239.253.253.90
>
> DIFX_BINARY_GROUP=239.253.253.90
>

> Any ideas ?