[daip] [!11333]: AIPS - AIPS UVSUB doesn't work with multiscale CLEAN images and CMETH='GRID'

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 19 16:17:05 EST 2018

Eric Greisen updated #11333
---------------------------

AIPS UVSUB doesn't work with multiscale CLEAN images and CMETH='GRID'

           Ticket ID: 11333
      Template group: Default
             Created: 05 December 2017 01:02 PM
             Updated: 19 January 2018 09:17 PM

I found it.  The Q routine that handle the modeling has a scalefactor to apply to the input data.  It was 0 for MODL so it zeroedthe original visibilities (good), but on the subsequent fields itzeroed what was then in the accumulators (bad).;  Setting that scalefactor to 1 for fields > 1 fixes things.  I note in my test data thatGRID made a much noisier model at longer spacings than the DFTone.  GRID is never wonderful - just faster.Eric Greisen