[daip] [!11169]: AIPS - What is special the need in DPARM(7) in FRING?

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 12 15:47:45 EST 2018

Eric Greisen updated #11169
---------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
           Reply due: - Cleared - (was: 31 October 2017 04:17 PM)

What is special the need in DPARM(7) in FRING?

           Ticket ID: 11169
      Template group: Default
             Created: 25 October 2017 04:17 PM
             Updated: 12 January 2018 08:47 PM

As you say, this appears contradictory and I do not thinkit is important.  For polarization we do have to determinethe right-left delay and the right-left phase offsets.  Theseare found by RLDLY and RLDIF respectively.  Both of thesemake the same change to all left-hand polarization delaysor phases.  Any re-referencing would destroy the valuesentirely.  The former had some problem with re-referencing in CLCAL so the code was changed in CLCAL to recognize RLDLY output and then to skip the re-referencing.  RLDIF applies the left phase shift directly to the CL table or via CLCOR and does not encounter any re-referencing.This option may have been put in FRING when FRING wasused to do what RLDLY now does better.Eric Greisen