[daip] [!11390]: AIPS - AIPS on MAC under HIGH SIERRA

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 3 11:46:06 EST 2018

Eric Greisen updated #11390
---------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)

AIPS on MAC under HIGH SIERRA

           Ticket ID: 11390
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 19 December 2017 01:04 PM
             Updated: 03 January 2018 04:46 PM
           Reply due: 26 December 2017 02:18 PM
      Resolution due: 16 September 2020 12:00 AM (986d 7h 14m)

NRAO cannot move from Sierra to High Sierra until they figureout how to get the Managed Update system to work under it.That said, they may be able to get a Mac to try new systemswithout the managed aspect.  I have put in a help desk ticket.If you go to High Sierra there are no guarantees.  On the Linuxside, several users in Europe went to more modern systemsthan ours and the Intel compiled versions stopped working.We have gone to gnu compiled versions but that is almostcertainly undesirable on Macs.If you have made this change, let us know what happens, goodor bad.Eric Greisen