[daip] [!11045]: AIPS - BB379 - amplitudes very low on EB

Amy Mioduszewski nraohelp at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 27 14:30:07 EDT 2017

Amy Mioduszewski updated #11045
-------------------------------

           Reply due: 27 September 2017 11:14 AM (was: 29 September 2017 11:20 AM)

BB379 - amplitudes very low on EB
---------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 11045
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 25 September 2017 11:14 AM
             Updated: 27 September 2017 11:30 AM
           Reply due: 27 September 2017 11:14 AM
      Resolution due: 22 June 2020 05:00 PM (999d 5h 30m)

Hi Michael,I've looked at the sniffer plots for EB and the data looks much worse than the VLBA antennas, much noisier phases and lower in amplitudes (there is some effect of longer baselines on this).    So my guess is there was something wrong with EB during the observation, maybe pointing was off?  Anyway I don't think there is anything to be done, you could increase the amplitudes with SNCOR (OPCODE='MULA'), but that won't help with the seemingly lower than expected sensitivity.
Amy Mioduszewski
VLA Scheduling Manager
NRAO