[daip] [!11042]: AIPS - AIPS TV not working error: no truecolor and pseudocolor found

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Sun Sep 24 16:23:08 EDT 2017

Eric Greisen updated #11042
---------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)

AIPS TV not working error: no truecolor and pseudocolor found

           Ticket ID: 11042
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 24 September 2017 07:37 PM
             Updated: 24 September 2017 08:23 PM
           Reply due: 27 September 2017 12:00 AM (2d 3h 37m)
      Resolution due: 20 June 2020 12:00 AM (999d 3h 37m)

Have you set the $DISPLAY variable to :1.0 as indicated by the messages?On my machine $DISPLAY is set to :0   Try "echo $DISPLAY"The command xdpyinfo will show the visuals available to the display.  Onmy machine there are very many visuals several of which XAS could use.TrueColor visuals are really what is wanted these days.  It has been a verylong time since I have seen such messages.Eric Greisen