[daip] USUBA

Johnson, Megan C CIV NAVOBSY, N3AD megan.johnson at navy.mil
Fri Oct 27 12:50:50 EDT 2017

Dear Eric and Amy,

My name is Megan Johnson and I, along with Lucas Hunt and Alan Fey from the USNO, am currently working on a VLBA dataset that contains ~300 (maybe more) VLBI sources and the observations were done over a 24 hour period with multiple subarrays.  The data were obtained at S- and X-bands simultaneously using the dichroic.  We are attempting to make images of the VLBI sources and are using AIPS for initial calibrations and fringing.  Unfortunately, it seems as though the particular dataset that we are working with contains (roughly) 1435310 visibilities and the USUBA task appears to be running into a character limit with the parameter MAXENT (and possibly MAXSOU?).  When examining the code USUBA.FOR, it appears as though MAXENT = 100000 and MAXSOU = 300.  Would it be possible to increase these values by at least an order of magnitude (maybe more) in the USUBA code so that we can proceed with the calibrations and fringing in AIPS?

Thank you so very much for your help and let me know if you have any questions or need any additional information.

Cheers,
Megan

Dr. Megan Johnson
Astronomer, Fundamental Reference Frame Division
United States Naval Observatory
3450 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20392
Office: (202) 762-1488