[daip] [!11257]: AIPS - VLBA data

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 22 11:57:16 EST 2017

Eric Greisen updated #11257
---------------------------

VLBA data
---------

           Ticket ID: 11257
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 15 November 2017 09:48 PM
             Updated: 22 November 2017 04:57 PM
           Reply due: 25 November 2017 12:00 AM (2d 7h 3m)
      Resolution due: 18 August 2020 12:00 AM (999d 7h 3m)

You do know that "it does not work" is not helpful.You must supply the messages written by AIPS when it failsor I have no idea.  I suspect that there is something wrongwith the path name you are giving.  Try giving it with no close quoteI suspect it was trying the path in upper case letters.  When something does not work try INPUTS of the something - suchas INPUTS PRTMSG.Now on you vlbarun issue: we have an idea of what has gone wrong.We suspect that "no data found" or some such error was issued bythe task that caused the proc to stop.CALSOUR 'CAL-BAND', 'CAL-PHASE', 'CAL-AMP'Are your calibrators named CAL-BAND, CAL-PHASE,  and CAL-AMPin upper case?  Normal calibration sources have names likeJ1234+457.  The cal-band etc in the documentation are not sourcenames - they are strings that must be replaced with the correctinformation that applies to your observing run.  UseLISTR with OPTYPE = 'SCAN' to see the scans in your data setand the real calibration and target source names.  Use those whenyou run VLBARUN.  Be careful of case also.Eric Greisen