[daip] Inconsistent coordinates in FILLM

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri May 26 14:01:49 EDT 2017

On 05/26/2017 07:31 AM, Andy Biggs wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> The data I'm looking at now is taken from program AX004 and the file
> from 8 April shows the effect well.
>
> DSORC seems to work - thanks. I self-calibrate everything in the end
> anyway, so these tiny coordinate changes don't matter.

The coordinate test was 1.d-6 or 3.6 milli-asec.  I do not know why the
recorded positions OF EPOCH - primarily declination in this case -
changed so much in the file.  Anyway, I changed FILLM to test 6.0d-6 or
20 milli-asec starting tomorrow.  Curious that you hit this a lot but I
do not remember other such complaints.  The old archive is used a good
bit and AIPS is required to do the translation (I think CASA abandoned
whatever they once had to do that) so I wonder why there have not been
other people complining about this annoyance.

Thanks