[daip] Inconsistent coordinates in FILLM

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu May 25 10:23:21 EDT 2017

On 05/24/2017 10:14 AM, Andy Biggs wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've just loaded many archival VLA datasets and for some sources, FILLM
> reports every time that the coordinates in different scans are
> inconsistent and then renames the source by appending an integer. The
> coordinates seem to differ by only a few mas. Can something be done to
> correct this and thus cause each scan to have the same source name?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

This is strange since we have not had reports like this about FILLM and
- so far as I know - it has not changed in a very long time.  It would
suggest that for some reason the recorded coordinates really do change.

Can you send me the project code for one such case?

The task DSORC will let you renumber the secondary sources with their
primary number (up to 10 at a time).