[daip] [!10134]: AIPS - IMAGR stops with ZDAOPN: DELAY 1...

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 31 17:47:34 EDT 2017

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 04 April 2017 09:30 PM)

IMAGR stops with ZDAOPN: DELAY 1...
------------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 10134
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 31 March 2017 09:30 PM
             Updated: 31 March 2017 09:47 PM
      Resolution Due: 10 April 2017 09:30 PM (9d 23h 43m)

On 03/31/2017 03:30 PM, Robert Gray wrote:
> Robert Gray updated #10134
> --------------------------
>
> IMAGR stops with ZDAOPN: DELAY 1...
> ------------------------------------
>
>            Ticket ID: 10134
>                  SLA: NRAO E2E
>       Template Group: Default
>              Created: 31 March 2017 09:30 PM
>              Updated: 31 March 2017 09:30 PM
>                  Due: 04 April 2017 09:30 PM (4d 0h 0m)
>       Resolution Due: 10 April 2017 09:30 PM (10d 0h 0m)
>

> Hi!
>
> Suddenly my script running IMAGR and SAD (repeatedly making and feature-finding in image cubes) is failing, and on some files that it previously worked on without problems, and without any changes to any code or data (that I’m aware of).
>
> IMAGR runs OK on the first unflagged channel (channel 110), which is consistent with the requested niter=100...
> IMAGR1: Total Clean components      100 reaches limit     100
> IMAGR1: Restoring Clean components
> IMAGR1: Field    1 final Clean flux     1.576      Jy
>
> ... then starts issuing error messages, apparently before finishing that channel... messages that suggest some sort of file problem... maybe a work file problem, because I can run other code on this same source UV file without problems....
> IMAGR1: ZDAOPN: DELAY 1
> IMAGR1: ZDAOPN: DELAY 2
> IMAGR1: ZFI2: DELAY 1
> IMAGR1: ZFI2: DELAY 2
> IMAGR1: ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1 THRU = 1024
> IMAGR1: ZFIO: OPER = READ LUN = 16 NREC =        1
> IMAGR1: ZFI2: BEYOND EOF = 0
>
> More messages and code and header are further below, but I’m hoping that you know what triggers these messages and can give me a lead on resolving them!
>
> I also pasted in the UV file header, which had odd message when FITS file was originally loaded into AIPS:  “FITLD2: WARNING! STOKES VALUES NOT CONVERTED TO NORMAL FORMS”  although I don’t think that has anything to do with this problem, because the same code ran on the same file previously.

For some reason there has been created a 0-byte file (not UV or MA - I
would guess CG.  Go to your data area and do

ls -l CGD*

If there is a 0-byte file delete it.  The task will create a new one if
none is there but expects an old one to have at least 1 1024-byte record.