[daip] [!10066]: AIPS - I need AIPS but it doesn't give me permission.

Jean Turner nraohelp at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 22 16:03:46 EDT 2017

Jean Turner updated #10066
--------------------------

I need AIPS but it doesn't give me permission.

           Ticket ID: 10066
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 22 March 2017 08:03 PM
             Updated: 22 March 2017 08:03 PM
                 Due: 24 March 2017 08:03 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 30 March 2017 08:03 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Dear Help.

I recently upgraded my MacBook pro 2012 to El Capitan. I reinstalled AIPS. I think I followed all the instructions. I did the patch for El Capitan, that seemed to work. I successfully edited the /etc/services file, although it looks slightly different than the one in the example (I followed the pattern in the existing file.)

So next I source the login file (I use tsch) and it correctly changes the prompt to "LOCALHOST". But then when I type "aips" it says "permission denied."

[LOCALHOST:~] chicag% aips tst
aips: Permission denied.
[LOCALHOST:~] chicag% aips
aips: Permission denied.