[daip] [!10531]: AIPS - IMAGR returns only NaN values in the image&beam/fails completely after upgrading OS to Fedora 25

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 14 14:15:21 EDT 2017

Eric Greisen updated #10531
---------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 16 June 2017 05:41 PM)

IMAGR returns only NaN values in the image&beam/fails completely after upgrading OS to Fedora 25

           Ticket ID: 10531
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 14 June 2017 05:41 PM
             Updated: 14 June 2017 06:15 PM
      Resolution Due: 22 June 2017 05:41 PM (7d 23h 25m)

There appears to be something peculiar to Fedora 25.  See the AIPS web page.
I have a virtual machine running Fedora 25 and AIPS works fine on it.  But an
installation in Leiden reported this issue (with IMAGR and other tasks), so there
must be some way in which Fedora 25 gets installed that is incompatible with
AIPS.  Note that this was true with old load modules downloaded to Leiden years
earlier as well as current $TST ones.  The user in Leiden gave up and had a RedHat
system installed.  I do not know what else to suggest.

ldd $LOAD/IMAGR.EXE

might be informative.