[daip] Queries on aips opening files

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 12 10:58:02 EDT 2017

On 06/09/2017 06:32 AM, 张迎康 wrote:
> Dear NRAO staff,
>
> These days I cannot open files in FITLD or IMLOD, it always said that:
>
> ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV03         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
>  ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6
> IMLOD1: Reading from disk file: PWD:1445+0958_new.fits
> IMLOD1: ZTPOPN: DISK DEVICE = PWD:1445+0958_new.fits NOT FOUND
> IMLOD1: TAPIO: ERROR   2 OPENING FILE
> IMLOD1: MLTAPE: COULD NOT OPEN TAPE.  IER=      8
> IMLOD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> IMLOD1: localhost    31DEC16 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
>
> or
>
> FITLD1: Task FITLD  (release of 31DEC16) begins
> FITLD1: ZTPOPN: DISK DEVICE = PWD:BZ64A.idifits1 NOT FOUND
> FITLD1: TAPIO: ERROR   2 OPENING FILE
> FITLD1: ALSO COULD NOT OPEN PWD:BZ64A.idifits
> FITLD1: ERROR!       8 OPENING TAPE
> FITLD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> FITLD1: localhost    31DEC16 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
>

> I'm pretty sure that I typed the right name and under the right
> document. Since I can run it well before using 31DEC15, I think the
> problem came out after I install a new version of AIPS (31DEC16). Now
> the 2 versions both exist in my laptop, they share the same ROOD
> directory: /home/xxx/aips/
>
> Could you please tell me how to solve the problem?

Testing this a bit on my computer - the environment "variable" $PWD is
the local directory.  When using this in AIPS. it is the directory
(folder) that you were in when you started AIPS, not the
folder/directory in which the window now finds itself.  My previous
suggested test will not be helpful.  Exit AIPS and make sure that the
window has been cd'd to the directory containing your data files.  Then
start AIPS up again.