[daip] Queries on aips opening files

张迎康 ykzhang at shao.ac.cn
Fri Jun 9 08:32:34 EDT 2017

Dear NRAO staff,

These days I cannot open files in FITLD or IMLOD, it always said that:

ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV03         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
 ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6
IMLOD1: Reading from disk file: PWD:1445+0958_new.fits
IMLOD1: ZTPOPN: DISK DEVICE = PWD:1445+0958_new.fits NOT FOUND
IMLOD1: TAPIO: ERROR   2 OPENING FILE
IMLOD1: MLTAPE: COULD NOT OPEN TAPE.  IER=      8
IMLOD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
IMLOD1: localhost    31DEC16 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

or

FITLD1: Task FITLD  (release of 31DEC16) begins
FITLD1: ZTPOPN: DISK DEVICE = PWD:BZ64A.idifits1 NOT FOUND
FITLD1: TAPIO: ERROR   2 OPENING FILE
FITLD1: ALSO COULD NOT OPEN PWD:BZ64A.idifits
FITLD1: ERROR      8 OPENING TAPE
FITLD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
FITLD1: localhost    31DEC16 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

I'm pretty sure that I typed the right name and under the right document. Since I can run it well before using 31DEC15, I think the problem came out after I install a new version of AIPS (31DEC16). Now the 2 versions both exist in my laptop, they share the same ROOD directory: /home/xxx/aips/

Could you please tell me how to solve the problem?

Best regards,
Yingkang

--

Yingkang, Zhang