[daip] [!10467]: AIPS - Error Messages Using DBCON

Philip Engelke nraohelp at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 5 19:05:00 EDT 2017

Philip Engelke updated #10467
-----------------------------

Error Messages Using DBCON
--------------------------

           Ticket ID: 10467
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 05 June 2017 11:04 PM
             Updated: 05 June 2017 11:04 PM
                 Due: 07 June 2017 11:04 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 13 June 2017 11:04 PM (8d 0h 0m)

To whom it may concern,

I am just starting to learn AIPS, so I apologize if this question is too basic and something I should have been able to figure out the answer to from using the AIPS cookbook or some documentation.  I am trying to concatenate two data sets, and I am using DBCON.  I have entered filenames for INNAME, IN2NAME, and OUTNAME, but when I enter GO, I get an error message that says TXTMAT: NO MEMBER NAME GIVEN.  I assume this means I have to enter more keywords before it will work properly, but I don't know what else I ought to be using as inputs.  I also don't know for sure if this really is in fact what is going wrong.  If it is inappropriate to ask a question like this here, I am sorry.  I would appreciate it though if I could be referred to a good place to learn more about using DBCON in AIPS.

(The reason I am trying to learn AIPS is because I believe CASA does not allow several measurement sets to be concatenated in such a way that the data can then be averaged over multiple days of observing, but I have been told that it is possible to do this the way I want to using AIPS.)

Thanks,
Philip Engelke