[daip] [!10733]: AIPS - AIPS linux install from source

Robert Zavala nraohelp at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 26 18:30:02 EDT 2017

Robert Zavala updated #10733
----------------------------

AIPS linux install from source
------------------------------

           Ticket ID: 10733
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 25 July 2017 09:06 PM
             Updated: 26 July 2017 10:30 PM
      Resolution Due: 02 August 2017 09:06 PM (6d 22h 36m)

Thank you for the assistance. I changed the XAS Makefile as directed, and then a make reported
a missing X11/extensions/XShm.h file. I've put a request in with our sysadmin to obtain that header file.
I'll try that again once they are able to assist me.

I changed FDEFAULT.SH and then an error was reported in INSTEP2 which seems to be in the
CCOPTS.SH file. I imagine this could be changed at screen 10 by changing the default compiler
CCOMOPT. The error reported was similar to the XAS compile:

AIPSCC    :            /scr/bzavala/aips/31DEC17/LNX64/PREP/ZWINC2.c
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-ip"
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-axWPT"

Could you provide a suggested set of options to use for CCOMOPT?

Thanks again,

Bob