[daip] [!9732]: AIPS - R-L delay calibration: rldly & crsfring

Eric Greisen nraohelp at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 30 11:38:46 EST 2017

Eric Greisen updated #9732
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 01 February 2017 12:00 AM)

R-L delay calibration: rldly & crsfring

           Ticket ID: 9732
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 29 January 2017 03:17 PM
             Updated: 30 January 2017 04:38 PM
      Resolution Due: 07 February 2017 12:00 AM (7d 7h 22m)

I am surprised the CRSFRING still works - if it does.  RLDLY was intended to replace what it did in one nice neat package rather than through a horrible kludge of a script which included a task written just to do a part of that job.  On the other hand, if RLDLY was broken in 2015, why did you not tell us in 2015?  I have consulted with an experienced polarization user (down the hall) and he tells me RLDLY works just fine to this day.  I will try to see what is wrong in your case but it is clearly not a general situation.