[daip] error when trying to add task "atlod" to AIPS

丁浩 dinghao at shao.ac.cn
Mon Jan 9 04:09:24 EST 2017

> > > I was at home in my last reply and could not check details:
> > >
> > > I would guess that you ran ATLOD with datain=' '
> > >
> > > You need to set DATAIN to point at your rpfits file
> > >
> > > DATAIN = 'MYAREA:MyRP.fits
> > >
> > > for example (note no close quote to keep the case I typed)
> > >
> > > where MYAREA is an environment variable known before you start aips
> > > pointing at the disk directory containing your file and MyRP.fits is the
> >
> > > actual file name.  Replace both MYAREA and MyRP.fits with the actual
> > > values that apply to your file.
> > >
> > Like last email, I am trying to transplant an AIPSv14 folder from my
> > colleague to fit my system. I manually change the $AIPS_ROOT of
> > LOGIN.SH, HOSTS.SH, AIPSPATH.SH, START_AIPS and .bashrc. I create a
> > folder LOCALHOST_1 under $AIPS_ROOT/DATA. And I modify HOSTS.LIST and
> > DADEVS.LIST accordingly. But when I run START_AIPS, It complains:
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
> > START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type
> >
> > START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
> > DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.022
> >   (Using global default file /home/ding/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for
> > DADEVS.PL)
> >                   /home/ding/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_1 is currently
> > unavailable.
> >
> > START_AIPS: Cannot start AIPS because there are no defined data areas!
> > START_AIPS: (check DADEVS.LIST or .dadevs files, or AIPSASSN.\*)
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > It is complex even if you have made the scripts rather readable. Can
> > you show me what to do next? Or is there any other option?
> >

> The thing that remains I suspect is to cd to the LOCALHOST_1 folder and
> "touch SPACE" and make sure that the empty file SPACE has pretty
> wide-open permissions.  Can you send me error messages from more recent AIPS
>
> versions - the ones you sent clearly showed that you had not set DATAIN.

I do as you said and manage to transplant my colleague's AIPSv14 to my system. And I manage to load a RPFITS file with the supplied ATLOD.
Yet when I run START_AIPS, there remain some complaints (in orange):
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.022
  (Using global default file /home/ding/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /home/ding/AIPS/DATA/LOCALHOST_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on LOCALHOST asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC14 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC14) at priority =   0
DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.022
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on localhost
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width 1910 height 980,
     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0
ZMSFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1 THRU = 1024
ZMSFI2: BEYOND EOF = 0
 ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =        1
 ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA01
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
2ZMSFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1 THRU = 1024
ZMSFI2: BEYOND EOF = 0
 ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =        1
 ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?

Will it affect the later data reduction?

thanks,
Ding Hao