[daip] Shared memory id failure

Zhongzu Wu zzwu08 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:26:04 EST 2017

Dear  contributors of aips :
     I am trying to install aips on  a MAC system:iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,
Late 2015)        3.3 GHz Intel Core i5  8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3  AMD Radeon R9
M395 2048 MB
The error information is as follows:

MinfengdeiMac:~ gumf$ aips

START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the

START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:

DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018

  (Using global default file /Users/gumf/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL
)

   Disk 1 (1) is /Users/gumf/aips/DATA/MINFENGDEIMAC_1

   Disk 2 (2) is /Users/gumf/aips/DATA/MINFENGDEIMAC_4

   Disk 3 (3) is /Users/gumf/aips/DATA/MINFENGDEIMAC_3

   Disk 4 (4) is /Users/gumf/aips/DATA/MINFENGDEIMAC_2

Tape assignments:

   Tape 1 is REMOTE

   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called minfengdeimac

START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on minfengdeimac asynchronously

START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...

START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on MINFENGDEIMAC asynchronously...

Starting up 31DEC17 AIPS with normal priority

Begin the one true AIPS number 4 (release of 31DEC17) at priority =   0

AIPS 4: You are assigned TV device/server   1

AIPS 4: You are assigned graphics device/server   1

AIPS 4: Enter user ID number

?DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.018

XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host minfengdeimac, user gumf

XASERVERS: Start XAS on minfengdeimac, DISPLAY /private/tmp/com.apple.
launchd.tkOjZm9flR/org.macosforge.xquartz:0

XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!

XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***

XAS: Using screen width 2550 height 1318,

     max grey level 8191 in 16 grey-scale memories

Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument

XASERVERS: TEKSRV is already running on host minfengdeimac, display
/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.tkOjZm9flR/org.macosforge.xquartz:0, user
gumf
XASERVERS: MSGSRV is already running on host minfengdeimac, display
/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.tkOjZm9flR/org.macosforge.xquartz:0, user
gumf

Following the instructions online(http://www.aips.nrao.
edu/aipsmgr/index.html) ,   I have created an /etc/sysctl.conf file and put
the values in it

       kern.sysv.shmmax=10485760
            kern.sysv.shmmin=1
            kern.sysv.shmmni=32
            kern.sysv.shmseg=8
            kern.sysv.shmall=4096

also tried to change  10485760 to 16777216

but it did not work,  can you help me fix this problem please, thank
you very much!!

Regards,

Zhongzu