[daip] [!11367]: AIPS - AIPS cant find data directories after running LOGIN.SH

Holly Thomas nraohelp at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 12 14:19:25 EST 2017

Holly Thomas updated #11367
---------------------------

AIPS cant find data directories after running LOGIN.SH

           Ticket ID: 11367
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template group: Default
             Created: 12 December 2017 07:19 PM
             Updated: 12 December 2017 07:19 PM
           Reply due: 14 December 2017 07:19 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution due: 07 September 2020 12:00 AM (999d 4h 41m)

Hello, I hope someone can help, I'm very confused.I can run AIPS fine (limited testing) by just doing> aips tst tv=noneHowever, if I source the login file and then try to run AIPS it fails complaining it cant find the disks.> source ~aips/LOGIN.SH completes without error.> aips tst tv=none...START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 1]: START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the HP LaserJet 4Si, room M342(que name lp342) START_AIPS: - system name lp342, AIPS type PS START_AIPS: User data area assignments: (Using global default file /u1/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)DADEVS.PL error - no disks selected at allThis is a FATAL error and nothing in AIPS will work.START_AIPS: Cannot start AIPS because there are no defined data areas!START_AIPS: (check DADEVS.LIST or .dadevs files, or AIPSASSN.\*)Other things I've checked...- DADEVS.LIST exists and is correct.- Running /u1/AIPS/31DEC16/SYSTEM/UNIX/DADEVS.PL gives this error:  DADEVS error - No PID supplied.  This is a FATAL error and nothing in AIPS will work.- There is no DADEVS.SH file.Many thanks,Holly