[daip] "TASK ACTIVE" problem with AIPS...

Nissim Kanekar nkanekar at ncra.tifr.res.in
Mon Dec 11 15:13:20 EST 2017

Hi Eric,

I've come across another strange problem with AIPS: when I try to run IMAGR, I
keep getting an error message "TASK ACTIVE" and nothing happens. I tried "ps
-elf | grep IMAGR" and see nothing at all under this user. Also tried looking at
the /tmp area to check for old IMAGR (or even AIPS) runs, and there's nothing
there either. I finally tried re-installing AIPS (retaining the same disk
areas) but even that didn't solve the problem. Was wondering if you might know
how to fix this.

Many thanks!

Best wishes,
Nissim