[daip] [!10187]: AIPS - SAD; IM2PARM

Robert Gray nraohelp at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 13 17:15:23 EDT 2017

SAD; IM2PARM
------------

           Ticket ID: 10187
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 13 April 2017 03:31 PM
             Updated: 13 April 2017 09:15 PM
                 Due: 17 April 2017 09:15 PM (4d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 21 April 2017 09:15 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Thanks!

I dialed the SNR down to 5 (might try lower) and it works fine.  SAD finds
and reports the 'source', apparently generating clboxes for it and maybe
two sidelobes (I set the number of auto boxes to 3, to include both the two
main sidelobes and the source), and now SAD reports the source with a
cleaned flux and lower RMS (and does not report the sidelobes) - altogether
a 30% increase in sensitivity to features.  Works great on this test case.

Bob