[daip] Fwd: AIPS problem in mac

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 7 12:25:11 EDT 2017

On 04/07/2017 10:09 AM, nosratullah mohammadi wrote:
> Hello again
> After your visor and help I finally succeed to install AIPS and use it. but another problem is my tv is not appear and I lost it.
> For instance, after I hit “dotv 1” no screen or tv will appears.
> I wonder if there is some order and codes that turn on my TV. I need your knowledge and experience on this problem.

Excellent news on the libraries.  When AIPS starts the TV is supposed to
come up in an icon state.  You must click on the icon to make it appear
- the software does not force its appearance.  But there are a few ways
that cause the software to fail as well.  Read the messages that appear
when you start aips - all sorts of error and progess messages should
appear.  You might want to try

        aips tv=local

which uses local sockets rather than internet ones.  The latter have to
be specified in a system file /etc/services.  Usually there are shared
memory issues on Macs:  See http://www.aipc.nrao.edu/aipsmgr/index.html
for all sorts of info about such things.