[daip] FILAIP Error in AIPS 31DEC2017 Installation

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 4 16:59:19 EDT 2017

On 04/04/2017 02:35 PM, Amber Moore wrote:
> Mr. Greisen,
>
> This definitely helped. We have run into one additional error after the
> install script seemed to work properly.
> After sourcing the ./LOGIN.CSH file and typing “tips not tpok” we still
> receive the error below.
> We have gone through the install script windows as we did before on our
> other machine and can’t seem to understand what the issue is.
> We reviewed the AIPSRC file and everything seems to be defined correctly.
>
> START_AIPS: AIPS_ROOT is not a directory; cannot start AIPS.

Oh no!  Another user had this happen and I never did figure out why.

I think we may have gotten around it by

./$AIPS_ROOT/START_AIPS notv tpok

to include the options you sort-of typed above

There is something wrong with the link file named "aips" in your
$SYSLOCAL file I suspect.  If this doesn't work I suspect that I had to
provide scripts that do not check whether $AIPS_ROOT is a directory.
Let's try the simple thing first

Eric