[daip] TVLOCK errors

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 29 15:25:46 EDT 2016

On 09/29/2016 01:14 PM, Kamble, Atish wrote:
> Hi, Eric.
>
> Since the retirement of cfa-pipe-1 (a few weeks ago, I believe), this is
> my first time running AIPS on cfa-dev-1.
>
> I am having problems displaying on TV. The TV shows up but doesn't
> display using my commands. Here is the error message:
>
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------#
>  >tvin
> AIPS 1: ZSSSL2 connect (UNIX) No such file or directory
> AIPS 1: ZSSSLK: ERROR   1 ON LOCK
> AIPS 1: ON LOCK ERROR    6 FROM ZSSSLK
> AIPS 1: YTVOPN: TV LOCK OPEN ERROR      6
> AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR      6
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------#
>
> Any resolution?
>
> I have tried KLEENEX just to clear any sockets left open by any process
> or by me. That did not help.
>
> Thanks,
> - Atish .

A wfong is currently running TVSRV1 and TVSRV2 processes with no
corresponding socket in /tmp.  I lack privilege to kill these - I told
him yesterday to kill them but apparently he did not.  I suspect that he
is exiting aips without using KLEENEX and is killing the TV with a kill
-9 (the X in the upper right corner is often equivalent).  A kill -9
does not clear up everything since it says to avoid using any abort
handler (which is useful for XAS especially).  If you start aips with
tv=local:n  with n > 2 you should get a working TV - but please find
wfong and get him to kill these processes.  You do have sockets for
local TV #1 other than for the TV lock daemon as the above error
messages say.