[daip] [!8998]: AIPS - cannot run AIPS when logging through gygax

Hiroko Shinnaga noreply at nrao.edu
Sat Sep 17 10:08:00 EDT 2016

Hiroko Shinnaga updated #8998
-----------------------------

cannot run AIPS when logging through gygax

           Ticket ID: 8998
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 17 September 2016 02:07 PM
             Updated: 17 September 2016 02:07 PM
                 Due: 21 September 2016 12:00 AM (3d 9h 53m)
      Resolution Due: 27 September 2016 12:00 AM (9d 9h 53m)

Hello helpdesk friends,

  I've been trying to figure out how I can run AIPS outside of the main building.  I first ssh to "ssh" machine (gygax?) and log in to lunchbox or the node given to me now "nmpost023".  After I log in to lunchbox or the node machine, it keeps asking my passphrase and passwd.  Although I type correctly, it never satisfied. Can you help me to set up properly so that I can run AIPS from offsite?

  Thank you very much.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Hiroko