[daip] [!9168]: AIPS - clcal introducing amplitude / gain errors

Alexandra Truebenbach noreply at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 24 18:17:22 EDT 2016

Alexandra Truebenbach updated #9168
-----------------------------------

clcal introducing amplitude / gain errors

           Ticket ID: 9168
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 18 October 2016 06:18 PM
             Updated: 24 October 2016 10:17 PM
                 Due: 26 October 2016 10:17 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 31 October 2016 06:37 PM (6d 20h 20m)

Hi Amy,

It's BT131A1 and was observed on Sept 13, 2015.  I also attached the .key file if that's helpful.

I confirmed that the SNMRG error I mentioned in my last email is introduced by the gain correction SN table produced by VLBAAMP.  Do you think this could be causing the phase referencing issue?  If not, is the SNMRG error anything to worry about?  I could go back to using VLBACALA instead of VLBAAMP.  The main goal of my observations is precise positions so amplitude isn't crucial.

Alex

Staff CP:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff