[daip] Writing box files in imagr

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 12 14:12:26 EDT 2016

On 10/12/2016 09:38 AM, Laura Chomiuk wrote:
> Hi Designated Ape,
>
> Recently, when I try to write an oboxfile in IMAGR, i get the below
> error. This happens both when oboxfile is set to the same as boxfile,
> and when it is set to create a new file.
>
> CV-DEV> IMAGR1: ZTXOP2: FORTRAN OPEN ERROR =      9
> CV-DEV> IMAGR1: ZERROR: ON FILE /home/AIPS/FITS/FILEBOX.a26382
> CV-DEV> IMAGR1: ZERROR: IN ZTXOP2 ERRNO = 9 (Bad file descriptor)
> CV-DEV> IMAGR1: ZTXOP2: FORTRAN OPEN ERROR =      9
> CV-DEV> IMAGR1: ZERROR: ON FILE /home/AIPS/FITS/FILEBOX.a26382
> CV-DEV> IMAGR1: ZERROR: IN ZTXOP2 ERRNO = 9 (Bad file descriptor)
> CV-DEV> IMAGR1: ZTXZAP: ERROR    6 OPENING /home/AIPS/FITS/FILEBOX.a26382
> CV-DEV> IMAGR1: CLNTV: OBOXFILE TURNED OFF DUE TO ERRORS
>
> I am working on the NRAO machines, in the lustre system. Any ideas?

You should not be writing in /home/AIPS/FITS/.  My guess is that the
setup for your "working on the NRAO machines, in the lustre system" has
not set up things as is expected in the DSOC.  On normal NRAO machines
the $FITS area points at /DATA/hostname_1/FITS rather than
/home/AIPS/FITS and those areas do have appropriate file ownership and
permissions.  Try writing to an area where you are allowed to write
since $FITS does not seem to work.