[daip] [!9313]: AIPS - VLA FIRST survey integrated flux density values

Emil Noordeh noreply at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 23 00:41:47 EST 2016

Emil Noordeh updated #9313
--------------------------

VLA FIRST survey integrated flux density values

           Ticket ID: 9313
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 23 November 2016 05:41 AM
             Updated: 23 November 2016 05:41 AM
                 Due: 25 November 2016 05:41 AM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 01 December 2016 05:41 AM (8d 0h 0m)

Our group is having trouble reconstructing the cataloged integrated flux density values for sources in the VLA FIRST survey. After fitting elliptical gaussians to sources in the FIRST images, the integrated flux density values we extract are quite significantly off from the cataloged values (even after correcting for CLEAN bias). According to section 3 of http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1086/303564/pdf , HAPPY, an AIPS based algorithm, takes the elliptical gaussian components to an integrated flux density but the details as to how this is done aren't provided. Would you be able to point us to any documentation providing more information on this step? Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,
Emil