[daip] Query about the binary installation of AIPS 31DEC16

ABINASH KUMAR SHAW abinashkumarshaw at gmail.com
Fri May 20 02:08:47 EDT 2016

Hi,
I am a Ph.D. scholar in Astrophysics and Astronomy at IIT Kharagpur
(India). I have having some trouble in text installation of new version of
AIPS (31DEC16) as well as older one (31DEC15) on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I have
gone through all the suggestions provided on the webpage. But still I
cannot find a solution, probably it may happen due to compiler issues.
 Then I have tried binary installation too but as our institute have
network connection through proxy "rsync" is refusing connection to your ftp
network. I have also tried with "export RSYNC_PROXY=host:port"  but still
nothing comes out.
Can you please help me to solve the issue to connect to your ftp server
through a proxied network?

Waiting for your kind reply..

 Thanks,
Abinash Kumar Shaw