[daip] FIXBX failure.

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Thu May 19 14:08:35 EDT 2016

I want to try a different image size.  I use a BOXFILE so I thought
I'd try to use FIXBX to translate it. I didn't get far.  It sounds
like it couldn't find the input data file.  Immediately after the
failure, I did an IMH and the file is there:

>go fixbx
FIXBX1: Task FIXBX  (release of 31DEC16) begins
FIXBX1: REQUESTED DATA NOT FOUND IN CATALOG DIRECTORY
FIXBX1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
FIXBX1: localhost    31DEC16 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
AIPS 1: Resumes
>imh
AIPS 1: Image=3C274     (MA)         Filename=3C274_115HB .ICL001.  76
AIPS 1: Telescope=VLBA               Receiver=VLBA
AIPS 1: Observer=BW115H              User #=  615
AIPS 1: Observ. date=10-APR-2016     Map date=19-MAY-2016

Here are the inputs:

>inp fixbx
AIPS 1: FIXBX:  Task to convert a BOXFILE to another for input to IMAGR
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     '3C274_115HB'           UV dataset name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'ICL001'                UV dataset name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ        76                    UV dataset name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        5                    Disk drive #
AIPS 1: SOURCES    '3C274'                 Source selected
AIPS 1:            *rest ' '
AIPS 1: INFILE     'BW115H:BW115H_3C274.BO previous BOXFILE for IMAGR
AIPS 1:            X'
AIPS 1:                                    containing desired boxes
AIPS 1: NMAPS         1                    Old number facets
AIPS 1: NGAUSS        3                    Old/new number Gaussians
AIPS 1: NOISE      -7.00E-03   *rest 0     Old RASHIFT values
AIPS 1: PBSIZE     *all 0                  Old DECSHIFT values
AIPS 1: NBOXES        0                    Number of boxes for Clean
AIPS 1:                                    NB: field 1 only.
AIPS 1: CLBOX      *all 0                  Four coordinates for each box
AIPS 1: BOXFILE    *all ' '                new BOXFILE for IMAGR to be
AIPS 1:                                    given translated boxes
AIPS 1: NFIELD        1                    New number facets
AIPS 1: RASHIFT    -7.00E-03   -7.00E-03   New facet RA shift (asec)
AIPS 1:            -7.00E-03   *rest 0
AIPS 1: DECSHIFT   *all 0                  New facet Dec shift (asec)
AIPS 1: OBOXFILE   'BW115H:BW115H_3C274_2K new BOXFILE for IMAGR with
AIPS 1:            .BOX'
AIPS 1:                                    translated boxes
AIPS 1: CELLSIZE   3.500E-05   3.500E-05   new grid spacing in asec
AIPS 1: IMSIZE     2048        2048        new field size
AIPS 1: ROTATE        0                    new rotation
AIPS 1: BPARM      3.500E-05   3.500E-05   (1) Old CELLSIZE(1)
AIPS 1:            1024        1024        (2) Old CELLSIZE(2)
AIPS 1:               0           1        (3) Old IMSIZE(1)
AIPS 1:               1        *rest 0     (4) Old IMSIZE(2)
AIPS 1:                                    (5) Old ROTATE
AIPS 1:                                    (6) Edge pixels to be avoided
AIPS 1:                                    (7) Scale box size factor

I looked in FITBX.FOR.  That message comes out if CATDIR returns something
other than 0.  I imagine CATDIR gets used everywhere, so something is
likely wrong with the inputs FITBX is sending it.  Whatever is wrong,
I don't think is something I can control since IMH works.

I guess I need to add 512 to a lot of numbers by hand.

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Scientist Emeritus
    1305 Vista Dr.             Array Operations Center
    Socorro NM  87801  USA     National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    cwalker at nrao.edu           P.O. Box O
    Phone  575 835 3972        Socorro, NM 87801  USA
                               575 835 7247