[daip] Antenna table related: ANREFM ERROR

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 31 15:52:49 EDT 2016

On 03/30/2016 02:51 AM, Wasim Raja wrote:
> Hi Eric
>
> I was trying to push some ASKAP data through AIPS and run into the
> following
> error when trying to use POSSM. I could see similar issues arising
> earlier with
> UVAVG and also mentioned in:
> https://listmgr.nrao.edu/pipermail/daip/2010-December/016094.html
>
> Could you please suggest a way out of this ?

i cannot fix old versions of AIPS (31DEC15 can be "patched") and 31DEC16
is the development one.   I think one may be able to get out of this
problem by telling the system that this is the ATCA.  Use PUTTHEAD
with KEYWORD= 'ARRNAM'; KEYSTR='ATCA'; PUTT.  The low level routines
recognize ATCA not this new ASKAP.

I am surprised that this led to a failure but perhaps that is due to the
fact that the array appears to be in a left-handed site-centric form.
That is odd since most systems these days use Earth-centric, right hand
systems.  Or perhaps ATKA is not in the same quadrant as
ATCA.  Perhaps POSSM decide to re-write the AN table after putting a
WRIT status on to make a plot file.

Eric Greisen

If I could get a copy of the data set (or a small piece anyway) in a
FITS file I could do more exploring in the development version.