[daip] AIPS on Supercomputer

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Mar 31 12:36:56 EDT 2016

On 03/30/2016 11:14 AM, Gary Burton wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Sorry to bother you. I'm just installing AIPS on our Supercomputer at
> the University of Portsmouth. I have successfully run the install.pl
> <http://install.pl>. I was wondering if you could point me at any
> documentation on how to setup users for a multi users environment.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Gary
>
> ps. Any other sysadmin docs would also be good.
>
> --
> Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation (ICG),
> Dennis Sciama Building, DS2.04
> Burnaby Road, Portsmouth, PO1 3FX
> Gary.Burton at port.ac.uk <mailto:Gary.Burton at port.ac.uk>
> +44 (0)23 9284 5157 (office)
> +44 (0)7967337957 (mobile)
> web: http://www.sciama.icg.port.ac.uk <http://www.sciama.icg.port.ac.uk/>

There is an AIPS Manager FAQ page
  http://www.aips.nrao.edu/aipsmgr/index.html
which should answer some questions - the multiple computers question is
quite a ways down the page about "configurations".  Note that, if you
are sharing data areas, each user should use a single aips number (or an
agreed upon set of numbers).  In this way data are kept separate.  I
also attach a memo about yet another "dadevs" file that users can employ
to describe their data areas.  Typically now users can set up their data
areas on the lustre disks of our central server and then force them to
be included with $HOME/.dadevs.always.  I hope that the FAQ and this
note help but please ask more detailed questions as needed.

Regards

Eric Greisen