[daip] ZEROSP in IMAGR for spectral line data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 18 10:26:11 EDT 2016

On 07/18/2016 02:47 AM, Karl Menten wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> The only way I see to add zero spacing information in IMAGR (using the
> ZEROSP parameter) for spectral line data is that I do it by imaging each
> channel separately with the appropriate value at input. Is this correct
> or is there a more efficient way to do this?

Sadly no, there is no better way.  Fortunately MCUBE will gobble all the
individual images into a cube rather efficiently afterwards.  I suspect
that we have not encountered all that much use for zero-spacing data in
continuum or line and so have devoted scant attention to it.  What is
really important is not the image DC level but the visibilities at
spacings of  5, 10, 15, and 20 meters.  And we have not measured those.
although one could deduce some of them from single-dish imaging.