[daip] [!7829]: AIPS - IMSTAT stops when it encounters a flagged channel

Robert Gray do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 12 17:45:27 EST 2016

Robert Gray updated #7829
-------------------------

IMSTAT stops when it encounters a flagged channel

           Ticket ID: 7829
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 12 January 2016 10:45 PM
             Updated: 12 January 2016 10:45 PM
                 Due: 14 January 2016 10:45 PM (2d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 20 January 2016 10:45 PM (8d 0h 0m)

Hi!

Any idea why IMSTAT stops when it encounters a flagged channel?

I'm running a procedure that calls IMSTAT, then SAD, on 8192 channels, and it works until it hits a flagged channel, issuing the messages below after finishing channel 6009:

SAD  1: Appears to have ended successfully
SAD  1: nmpost03 31DEC16 TST: Cpu=      0.2  Real=   0  IO=     32
AIPS 1: Resumes
AIPS 1: SAD      was not found to be running
AIPS 1: NO VALID PIXELS FOUND
AIPS 1: USING WHAT?

I believe there is a flaw in the procedure (failing to issue something kike WAIT IMSTAT to give it time to complete before SAD begins), but it always worked until I ran it on an image file with a flagged channel.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,

Bob Gray