[daip] Are you still available for AIPS support?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 6 10:53:19 EST 2016

On 01/05/2016 09:02 PM, Ross Burns wrote:
> Dear Eric
>
> Its great to know that AIPS is still in good hands! Are you working at
> Socorro now? It'd be great to meet you in person sometime - though i
> have no immediate plans to go to the US, i'm likely to attend some
> conference/collaboration at some point.
>
> I have an issue in AIPS that I'd like to ask you about.
> Yesterday, I installed 31DEC15 (I usually install the most latest
> 'frozen' version), as an upgrade from 31DEC12 which I had been using for
> a while. Im running on mac.
>
> The first thing I did after installing was to run midnight_job, just to
> make sure i got all of any patches (im not sure if these come with the
> download tarball).
>
> Im reducing 16xIF VLBI data from the Korean KVN.
> I was running UVCOP, to split a selection of IFs when the task failed.
> Here are my inputs and the error message:
>
> *************************** Inputs:
> *******
> *UVCOP
> *******
> tget uvcop
> default
> indisk 3; outdisk 3; getn 1;
>
> Bif 1; Eif 8;
> outclass 'K-band'
> go; wait; pcat
>

> *************************** Message:
>
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Task UVCOP  (release of 31DEC15) begins
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Create KVN         .K-BAND.   2 (UV)  on disk  3  cno    3
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: No flag table is applied this time
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Copied from the beginning
> LOCALH> UVCOP1:         to  the end
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Copied    78255. vis records
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Dropped       0. flagged vis records
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Copied AT file from vol/cno/vers  3    1   1 to  3    3   1
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Copied CT file from vol/cno/vers  3    1   1 to  3    3   1
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Updating tables for IF/FREQID/channel selection
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Reformatted AN file from vol/cno/vers  3    1   1 to  3
>     3   1
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Reformatted CL file from vol/cno/vers  3    1   1 to  3
>     3   1
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Reformatted CL file from vol/cno/vers  3    1   2 to  3
>     3   2
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Reformatted CL file from vol/cno/vers  3    1   3 to  3
>     3   3
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Reformatted CL file from vol/cno/vers  3    1   4 to  3
>     3   4
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Reformatted CL file from vol/cno/vers  3    1   5 to  3
>     3   5
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Reformatted CL file from vol/cno/vers  3    1   6 to  3
>     3   6
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Reformatted CL file from vol/cno/vers  3    1   7 to  3
>     3   7
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: Reformatted CQ file from vol/cno/vers  3    1   1 to  3
>     3   1
> LOCALH> UVCOP1: GCINI: NTABGC=   200 EXCEEDS MAXIMUM ALLOWED
> [...]

We changed the processing of GC (gain curve) tables when I found what
appeared to be an absurd parametrization.  The new limit on the gain and
sensitivity values is 200 per IF which still seems to me very excessive.
  It appears that the GC tables from your data exceed this.

Can you run PRTAB on one of your existing GC tables and send me the
header and the output for the first couple of rows?