[daip] UVFIT

Andy Biggs abiggs at eso.org
Mon Feb 22 16:01:01 EST 2016

Hi Eric. It's good to see how 'read' works (I've never used that before)
but the more fundamental problem seems to be that I can't run a runfile
from within a procedure:

AIPS 1: default 'CLCOR'
AIPS 1: getn i
AIPS 1: stokes 'L'
AIPS 1: opcod 'POLR'
AIPS 1: run 'PPA'
AIPS 1: NOT IN PROC

I decided to write this as a procedure so that I can pass in the
catalogue number of the epoch that I want to calibrate, as well as its
reference antenna, on the command line. I don't see a way of exiting the
procedure in order to read in the fitted values and then to somehow jump
back in to the procedure to run CLCOR on my epoch.

I suppose I could write a runfile in which the epoch and reference
antenna were set as parameters. This would then call the calibration
procedure, read in the values from outside AIPS and then run another
procedure that ran CLCOR on the right epoch. That might work.

Andy

--

Andy Biggs
ARC Astronomer, ALMA Regional Centre