[daip] [!7804]: AIPS - ANTAB sometimes ignores last Tsys measurement

Michael Bietenholz do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 11 17:20:31 EST 2016

Michael Bietenholz updated #7804
--------------------------------

ANTAB sometimes ignores last Tsys measurement

           Ticket ID: 7804
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 07 January 2016 09:48 PM
             Updated: 11 February 2016 10:20 PM

Sorry about the delay in replying.  Yes the data set is BS247.

I started this ticket about the X-band part of BS247, but I've found the same thing for the K-band part: ANTAB seems to ignore the last entry in the antab file.  My little kluge .antab file has 3 entries.  ANTAB runs find and I get a TY table but
the TY table is missing the last entry, even though its within a scan.

I've attached a TASAV and the antab file.

The other issue is that I cannot get APCAL (31DEC16 or 31DEC15) to run for properly this data set, which should have the usual gain transfer for VLBA stations - or at least it did have TY and GC tables.   I ran APCAL with default inputs other than selection TY 1,GC 1, which are the VLBA ones from the correlator (TY2,GC2 are the ones for GBT made using ANTAB as above)

when I run APCAL on TY1,GC1 (on the TASAV), I get
localh> APCAL1: AMPCAL: NO GAIN FOR ANT:   2 POL: 1 IF:    1
localh> APCAL1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes

If I deselect antenna 2 (ANTEN -2), it fails similarly on ANT 3, if I deselect 3 it fails on 4 etc

However, if I run APCAL with ANTENN = 2 (ie. ant 2 only) it works fine and produces reasonable-looking SN table.

(Ant 1 is BR and Ant 2 is HN, which as far as I can tell, both observed normally).

Staff CP:  https://help.nrao.edu/staff