[daip] AIPS for arrays w/ 255 antennas

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 8 16:37:49 EST 2016

On 02/08/2016 01:38 PM, Lincoln wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I hope you are doing well.  It has been a while since we've spoken.
>
> A brief question.  Can AIPS support data inspection at some level for
> visibility datasets w/ up to 255 antennas (in each pol.)?  I have not
> been able to do this in 12DEC31.  Perhaps there has been an impetus to
> do incorporate this since.
>
> Regards,
> Lincoln

31DEC15 changed internal format to allow up to 4096 or more antennas.
The external format remains the same for data having <= 255 as the max
antenna number.  Note that the binary versions we ship have an include
limiting things to 90 antennas, but the code has been fixed to allow
gfortran 5.3.0 to work so you can compile your own easily enough after
fixing this include ($INC/PUVD.INC).

Eric