[daip] aips installation error

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 28 10:37:20 EST 2016

On 12/28/2016 06:19 AM, Shahideh Star wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> I get an error when use ds9.
>
> From the AIPS I make a .fits file from a beam of my made image. I use
> ds9 to open it:
>
> adib at adib-Lenovo-IdeaPad-S510p:~$ ds9 /home/adib/Desktop/GMRT-FULL-45.fits
>
> When I use Region, Shape, Projection:
> I can not make projection line. Therefore, I use Edit, Region:
>
> The line is drawn, but I get the following erroe box:
> an internal error has been detected
> invalid command name
> blt:RemoveBindTag
>
> I press ok
> I get the projection window, but the shape is missing.
>
> I double click on the projection file and press apply, I get the
> following error:
> Unable to eval Marker CallBack
> MarkerAnalysisPlot2dCB : invalid
> command name "blt::RemoveBindTag"
>
> I click on ok, and when I double click on the projection line, the ds9
> gets disappear, and I get the following error in terminal:
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Would you please help me.
>
> My Regards,
> Shahideh
>

> On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 12:36 AM, Eric Greisen
> <egreisen at nrao.edu> wrote:
>

> I haven't heard from you in a while - did you try rebooting the computer
> and logging in again to restart X windows from scratch?
>
> The command xdpyinfo can sometimes provide helpful info - send me the
> first few pages of output if you are still having trouble.
>

> Eric Greisen

I am sorry but I know nothing about ds9.  You will need to ask the
people who develop that program for help.  The xdpyinfo looks normal and
I am assuming you tried re-booting the computer and then re-stating the
XWindows and you still get the MAGIC COOKIE error.  I am afraid that I
am also unable to help you with this.  The error is somewhere in your
operating system - which seems remarkably able to make errors - I have
never seen the issue with our .SH files nor this one.  You will have to
ask for help locally on the XWindows issue.