[daip] Fwd: Re: aips installation error

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 9 19:30:06 EST 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [daip] aips installation error
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 17:27:49 -0700
From: Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu>
To: Shahideh Star <shahidehstar at yahoo.com>

On 12/09/2016 04:58 PM, Shahideh Star wrote:
> Dear Eric,
>
> You are right. When I use LOGIN.CSH I get error:
>
> adib at adib-Lenovo-IdeaPad-S510p:~$ source /home/adib/LOGIN.CSH
> No command 'setenv' found, did you mean:
>   Command 'netenv' from package 'netenv' (universe)
> setenv: command not found
> No command 'setenv' found, did you mean:
>   Command 'netenv' from package 'netenv' (universe)
> setenv: command not found
> bash: /home/adib/LOGIN.CSH: line 56: syntax error near unexpected token
> `else'
> bash: /home/adib/LOGIN.CSH: line 56: `  else'
>
> or
>
> adib at adib-Lenovo-IdeaPad-S510p:~$ source LOGIN.CSH
> No command 'setenv' found, did you mean:
>   Command 'netenv' from package 'netenv' (universe)
> setenv: command not found
> No command 'setenv' found, did you mean:
>   Command 'netenv' from package 'netenv' (universe)
> setenv: command not found
> bash: ./LOGIN.CSH: line 56: syntax error near unexpected token `else'
> bash: ./LOGIN.CSH: line 56: `  else'
>

> When I use touch MY.JUNK  , I get nothing:
>
> adib at adib-Lenovo-IdeaPad-S510p:~$ touch MY.JUNK
> adib at adib-Lenovo-IdeaPad-S510p:~$

This looks like I would expect more or less so let's try doing LOGIN.SH
by hand

cd /home/adib
export AIPS_ROOT=/home/adib
. $AIPS_ROOT/HOSTS.SH
. $AIPS_ROOT/AIPSPATH.SH
. $AIPS_ROOT/AIPSASSN.SH
export LAPTOP="YES"

If these all work without error messages, try the aips command
or, in this area, START_AIPS which should be equivalent.