[daip] [!9346]: AIPS - SAD problem, maybe due to RFI

Eric Greisen noreply at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 6 11:04:13 EST 2016

Eric Greisen updated #9346
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)
                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 06 December 2016 07:37 PM)

SAD problem, maybe due to RFI
-----------------------------

           Ticket ID: 9346
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 30 November 2016 07:28 PM
             Updated: 06 December 2016 04:04 PM
      Resolution Due: 12 December 2016 07:37 PM (6d 3h 33m)

This does look a bit like a real bug but one that would be very
hard to trace.  That first error message suggests that the
message common has been overwritten with zeros.  The file
it wants is for user 0 not your user number.  Then it seems to
want a standard device as if it were a logical and that is not
right either.  The problem with debugging is that the linker
will put things in different places when optimized vs
non-optimized needed for debugging.  So the bug might not
recur in debug.

I suspect that one of the islands - perhaps due to RFI - has gotten
very large and or complex.  But the program even has a defense
against that.  Try looking at the offending image planes - do you
see anything interesting.  If not flag the channels and go on.

I could attempt debugging if you can send me your image and
your input parameters.  The first image plane at which this fails might
suffice.  (Use SUBIM, then FITTP to make a file).