[daip] Bug in MULIF

Walter Alef alef at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Wed Aug 24 11:25:04 EDT 2016

Hi Aimy, Eric,

I think I found a bug in MULIF.FOR line 404.
         GO TO 985
         END IF
      CALL UVDFND (UVOUT, 4, 'FREQ', INDXF, IERR)
      IF (IERR.NE.0) THEN
         MSGTXT = 'PROBLEM WITH OUTPUT FREQ AXIS'
         GO TO 985

I try to add 4 empty IFs to a data set of 4 IFs (correlator issue). The 4 IFs
should be IFs # 5-8. The error is:

FRONTE> MULIF1: Task MULIF  (release of 31DEC16) begins
FRONTE> MULIF1: Create C161A3      .MULIF .   1 (UV)  on disk  1  cno    4
FRONTE> MULIF1: Copied SU file from vol/cno/vers  1    3   1 to  1    4   1
FRONTE> MULIF1: Copied AN file from vol/cno/vers  1    3   1 to  1    4   1
FRONTE> MULIF1: UVDFND: UNKNOWN TYPE CODE:     4
FRONTE> MULIF1: PROBLEM WITH OUTPUT FREQ AXIS
FRONTE> MULIF1: ERROR PATCHING FQ TABLE FOR Output UV data
FRONTE> MULIF1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
FRONTE> MULIF1: frontend 31DEC16 TST: Cpu=      7.3  Real=      8  IO=
564

The parameter "4" to UVDFND is illegal. I think it should be "2" instead.
Could you please check this?

P.S.: Sorry for not using the new system. I am to old for all this logging in
and ticketing. :-(
--

        Regards,
                        Walter

Dr. Walter Alef
Head, VLBI Technology
Max Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy
Bonn, Germany
For private email use: walef at netcologne.de ---------------------------------