[daip] [!8279]: AIPS - Increase number of antennas in WTMOD ANTWT

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 14 13:34:50 EDT 2016

Eric Greisen updated #8279
--------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 18 April 2016 07:35 AM)

Increase number of antennas in WTMOD ANTWT

           Ticket ID: 8279
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 14 April 2016 07:35 AM
             Updated: 14 April 2016 05:34 PM
      Resolution Due: 22 April 2016 07:35 AM (7d 14h 0m)

It is nearly impossible to change the dimension of an existing adverb.
Thus I cannot change ANTWT (dimension 30) to something larger.
And if I did what should it be - 64 is the limit from NOISE but SKA and ngVLA
are talking antenna numbers in the hundreds.

I have trouble believing that you have a good reason to turn weights into
constants - would NOISE which allows antenna numbers to 64 suffice.  The
one fix I can think of it to add a text file input which would list antenna number
and weight.  But even there the question arises - what to call the antenna
numbers not listed.  I suppose 1.0 or perhaps they should not be changed
to a constant.

The choices are rather extensive.