[daip] DTSUM failure.

R. Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 2 21:47:14 EDT 2015

I have a data set for which DTSUM is ascribing all data to the 1-1
baseline.  See the inputs and output below. It is 2004 data loaded to aips
several years ago, then written to fits, and recently read back into aips.
 PRTUV and VPLOT behave correctly.  I made a tiny version of the data set
whose FITS file I have attached.  DTSUM works fine on the 2001 data set
that I was last working on (just now double checked).

Machine is a 2009 Mac Pro running OSX 10.7.5.  I did a midnight job just
before writing this note and it did not help.  This is AIPS TST.

Any clues?

Cheers,

Craig

>inp dtsum
AIPS 1: DTSUM:  Provides a summary of the contents of the dataset
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'BW070_RCW'             Input UV data (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'TINY'                  Input UV data (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV data (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        5                    Input UV data disk #
AIPS 1: APARM         1        *rest 0     (1) = 1,2 print run summary
AIPS 1:                                        = 2,3 print scan summary
AIPS 1:                                    (2) Number of digits/antenna
AIPS 1: DOCRT       132                    > 0 -> use the terminal,
AIPS 1:                                    else use the line printer
AIPS 1:                                    > 72 => terminal width
AIPS 1: OUTPRINT   *all ' '                Printer disk file to save
AIPS 1: BADDISK    *all 0                  Disk #'s to avoid
>go dtsum
DTSUM1: Task DTSUM  (release of 31DEC15) begins
 localhos  DTSUM(31DEC15)    570     02-SEP-2015  19:36:41    Page    1
File = BW070_RCW   .TINY  .   1 Vol = 5

Array name = 'VLBA    '   includes antennas:
             1 (BR      )    2 (EB      )    3 (FD      )
             4 (GB      )    5 (HN      )    6 (KP      )
             7 (LA      )    8 (MK      )    9 (NL      )
            10 (OV      )   11 (PT      )   12 (SC      )

SUMMARY LISTING FOR ENTIRE UV-DATA FILE

Timerange:   1/02:00:01 -   1/02:00:18
Visibility numbers      1 -    660
Total itegration cross-power      0.0 total-power   1297.6 seconds
Data integration time (total-power) =  1.966080 =   15 * 0.131072 seconds

 ANTS    1
     ------
  1 |  110
     ------
DTSUM1: Appears to have ended successfully
DTSUM1: localhos 31DEC15 TST: Cpu=      0.0  Real=      0  IO=         2
AIPS 1: Resumes

The FITS file didn't turn out so tiny, probably because of the tables.  But
it is still only 2.8 MB so I went ahead and attached it.

Later I tried with version 'new'.  This was not good.

>go dtsum
AIPS 1: Found in Version=NEW
DTSUM1: Task DTSUM  (release of 31DEC14) begins
DTSUM1: UVPGET: RANDOM PARMS NOT ALL THERE:  0  1  2  3 -1  5  6  7  9
DTSUM1: OUVOPN: ERROR OPENING Input uv data
DTSUM1: DOSUM: ERROR SUMMARIZING Input uv data
DTSUM1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
DTSUM1: localhost    31DEC14 NEW: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

So that did not even get to the point of detecting the problem this
message is about.  Is this a format change or some such?

Cheers,

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  575 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    575 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA