[daip] Fwd: Re: Installation AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Oct 21 18:44:51 EDT 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [daip] Installation AIPS
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:44:13 -0600
From: Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu>
To: pritpal kaur sandhu <physicspritpal04 at gmail.com>

On 10/21/2015 04:36 AM, pritpal kaur sandhu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to want your suggestion regarding installation of AIPS.
>
> I am working on binary installation according to this link
> http://www.aips.nrao.edu/dec15.shtml
>         a) *Download* 31DEC15.tar.gz
>         b) *Requirements* for binary installation is fulfilled
>         c) *Preliminaries for the installation *is not yet completed!!
>
> Could you suggest me from where to download the latest version of the
> INSTALL WIZARD (install.pl <http://install.pl/>)?
>
> or Could you suggest me another link to install AIPS on Linux (Mandriva)?
> Thanks,

The instructions for a binary installation do NOT require you to
download the tar ball.  From the web site that you used to download the
tarball you can download install.pl.

ftp://ftp/aoc.nrao.edu/pub/software/31DEC15/install.pl

which is pointed at by item 2 under Binary installation on the web page
you cite (above).  Then simply
    perl install.pl -n
where the -n says you want the binary form.