[daip] [!7399]: AIPS - Absolute flux calibration of old VLA data (c 2003) using 3C147

Sara Beck do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 6 19:06:31 EDT 2015

Sara Beck updated #7399
-----------------------

Absolute flux calibration of old VLA data (c 2003) using 3C147

           Ticket ID: 7399
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 06 October 2015 11:06 PM
             Updated: 06 October 2015 11:06 PM
                 Due: 09 October 2015 11:06 PM (3d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 15 October 2015 11:06 PM (9d 0h 0m)

Dear Eric,

We have had a problem with the absolute flux calibration for K band data, and are wondering if it is due to the model. This has happened repeatedly with different people reducing different datasets, the maps appear to be beautiful but the absolute flux cal is off by an order of magnitude. We are currently working with such data, the problem is unclear, it is fast switching data and we are following high frequency procedures online to reduce. We are using 3C147 model for the A&P cal. Have you run into this problem before. The maps are lovely but we cannot understand the flux cal.

Many thanks,
Sara Beck and Jean Turner