[daip] [!7632]: AIPS - IMFIT

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 20 17:47:06 EST 2015

Eric Greisen updated #7632
--------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)

IMFIT
-----

           Ticket ID: 7632
                 SLA: NRAO E2E
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 20 November 2015 06:38 PM
             Updated: 20 November 2015 10:47 PM
      Resolution Due: 30 November 2015 06:38 PM (9d 19h 51m)

I have found one set of issues with automatic variables but there are more
so gfortran versions need to be worked on.

However, I found the origin of the MORE POINTS message and have corrected
it.  When compiled with Intel (automatic variables not an issue) or a version of
gfortran also without that issue, IMFIT works.  So I will putbck the current
version and then check it out to find the rest of the automatic variables
issues.  Note the one issue I found was deeper than just assuming variables are
remembered between calls.  It also assumed that the number fit was constant
while we first fit the histogram (3 var.) and then the Gaussian(s) (n*6 var.).

Thanks

Eric