[daip] AIPS problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 13 10:17:59 EST 2015

On 11/12/2015 05:37 PM, Lu Shen wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I just install AIPS. But there are some error. What should I do with
> these? Thank you so much! Here is how it shows. I have create SPD000000;
>   and PWD000000; in DA00. How should I fix this?

>    (Using global default file /Users/mac/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL
> <http://DADEVS.PL>)
>
>     Disk 1 (1) is /Users/mac/DATA/LOCALHOST_1
>
>                    /Users/mac/DATA/LOIS_1 is currently unavailable.
>

> ZMSFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 1 THRU = 1024
>
> ZMSFI2: BEYOND EOF = 0
>
>   ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =        1
>
>   ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
>
> MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT OPEN
>
> ZDCHI1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:SPD000000;          NOT FOUND
>
>   ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
>
>   ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)

It looks to me as if the install did not quite finish.  Addressing the
matters in order

1. cd /Users/mac/DATA/LOIS_1
    touch SPACE
     which should make that data area available.

2. You should not create SPD000000; and PWD000000; and also should not
create a MSD001000.001;.  They need to have initial values in them and
the ZMSFI2 messages indicate an empty MS file and the other messages
indicate that the SP and PW files are not where they are supposed to be.
Delete the ones you made.

3. cd $AIPS_ROOT
    source LOGIN.CSH    (or . LOGIN.SH for bash)
    $CDTST
    RUN FILAIP
    8 2
    RUN POPSGN
    0 POPSDAT TST
    <cr>

    You need to do the above exactly - FILAIP will create and populate
the control files in your $DA00 area and POPSGN will then populate the
POPS memory files with the initial POPS language data.

    If any of the above fails, send me all of the messages.

    Note that install.pl attempts to do these steps and, since it seems
to have failed, there may be reasons for the failure that still apply.
One possibility is if you are running on a Mac with El Capitan (10.11)
version of the operating system.  Then do the following before the RUN
FILAIP command:
        If you are running on version 10.11 of the Max OS X called
        El Capitan, you need to do one more thing to correct for the
        loss of the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH functionality.
        First start bash, source $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.SH and $CDTST
        Then .$SYSMACIN/fix_aips_elcap.sh
        Do not run as root or under sudo and note the dot
        you will be prompted for your password once.